October Glam Bag Review
This month I decided to give IPSY a try. Not sure what ISPY is? Allow me to fill you in.
Its pretty simple actually, each month you’ll get a cute little bag filled with products trending in the beauty world — some full sized and some sample — and all for $10 a month, pretty great right?
Here’s how you join in: Subscribe online. Fill out the questionnaire with answers about your eye color, hair color, interests, etc. Each month you’ll receive a personalized glam bag with five new products.
Here’s what I’ve received this month, what I LOVE, and what I’m not thrilled about.
Quick Look: *starred items* I love!
- Sally’s Box “Aqua Moist Gel Cream” – A gel type cream made of “flower water from Provence roses, chamomile and lavender”. Not a huge fan of gel cream’s because on my skin, they tend to dry out — Not thrilled about it.
- Trust Fund Beauty “Gimme Good Face” Face Primer – A vegan/cruelty free primer scented with eucalyptus. I really do enjoy this because it does exactly what the box says — fills in pores and smooths lines (plus it smells great!) I am always looking for a good primer, so I am going to experiment and pair this with different types of foundations — will keep you posted!
- *Lottie London “Perfectly Precise Eyeshadow Brush” – Love this brush! First off, the color of this brush is awesome! Most of my brushes are black and I tend to sport the “dazed and confused” look while searching for the right one. Second, as this brush is made out dense and synthetic fibers it makes it perfect for both powder and cream shadows. Finally, it doubles as a shadow brush and an eyeliner smudger — LOVE this and would repurchase more like it.
- treStique Matte Lip Crayon in “Belize Bordeaux” – A deep wine colored matte lipstick in a “crayon” like form. I was more interested in the application and color payoff of this lipstick. It is super smooth, creamy and easy to work with — especially considering the fact that it is matte (most matte lip products can be dry and difficult to apply.) The packaging is unique, I actually thought it was opened when I got it because it’s the lid that looks like the actual crayon. Overall, this is a nice lipstick to keep in your purse, but I am not overly thrilled about it.
- *Kat Von D Beauty “Tattoo Liner” in the shade ‘Trooper’ – A liquid ‘fool proof’ liner. With a flexible brush like tip, it’s super easy to draw thin lines or a dramatic wing. It’s also waterproof, fade-proof, melt-proof and run-proof! LOVE — I have used this every day since I got it and would definitely purchase again!