filling in + cleaning up
Favorite products and tools to use on your brows.
Step-by-step tutorial with pictures
Supplies Needed | Favorites
1. Sephora Collection Classic Must Have Angled Liner Brush #90
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
3. MAC #195 Concealer Brush
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
you can also use your foundation
5. Disposable Mascara Wands
6. Powdered Foundation or Light Colored Shadow
Brow Gel optional
1. Comb brow hairs into place. With a small angled liner brush, dip into the darker brow powder. Draw a thin line by starting directly above the corner of your eye (about 1/2” in from the center). *Tap off excess product to avoid fallout.
2. Dip angled brush again in the darker shadow, then with small upward strokes, blend from the line you drew in the same direction that your natural hair grows.
3. With the lighter brow powder shade*, dip angled brush, tap off excess shadow, then underline the first 1/2” and blend upwards. Brows are naturally lighter towards the center of the face and deepen in color towards the end.
4. With a concealer brush, dip into concealer or foundation then underline your entire brow. Blend the excess concealer downward into skin to avoid harsh lines.
5. Using a disposable mascara wand or spoolie, comb excess concealer upwards into the brow – this creates a “natural” looking fade. If you prefer a more clean cut brow you can skip this step.
6. Set the concealer with a foundation powder or eye shadow and small dense brush. Optional* use a brow gel or wax to set brow hairs and products.
Tips + Tricks
*If using one color — For the soft underline, after dipping into the powder apply your first stroke on the back of your hand or paper towel to achieve a lighter line.
Color too dark? Too much product applied? Use a disposable mascara wand to comb and fade out until your ideal color is achieved.
Use a lighter colored concealer or foundation to make your brow bone appear lifted and brighter. Or, try a highlighter or light satin colored shadow to add a brighter highlighted affect.
Want even thicker and darker brows? Try a tinted brow gel like this one from Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Makeup Artist + Hair Stylist | Airbrush Makeup | Wedding | Bridal | Special Event | Traveling CNY,Utica, Syracuse, Albany | Stephanie Lisi Orsomarso