November Glam Bag Review
Here’s what I’ve received this month, what I LOVE, and what I’m not thrilled about.
Quick Look: *starred items* I love!
- Formula X Nail Polish “Huntress” – An iridescent deep emerald shade with flecks of gold. What makes this brand unique is the “shineXcel” — a luminescent ingredient that amps up shine. I’m not really a fan of this polish, mainly because of the color. I prefer light and matte shades. There are, however, 200+ colors to choose from, so I might give another color a try.
- Benefit Cosmetics “the POREfessional Face Primer” – An oil free, silky smooth face primer. I used to work at Sephora where this product was very popular. It’s slightly tinted and fills in pores and lines. Overall it’s an alright primer, but I don’t love it.
- *Verb “Ghost Oil” – Essentially a weightless hair oil. I am pleasantly surprised by its ability to make my hair shiny without weighing it down, or making it greasy. Even after use, my hands aren’t greasy! Added bonus — this brand prides itself on using only natural ingredients, nothing synthetic. It’salso gluten, sulfate, paraben and cruelty free!— LOVE this
- *Elizabeth Mott Color is Bae Lip Lacquer “Moxie Mauve” – A pinky-nude, somewhat sheer matte liquid lipstick. This is another product I’m am pleasantly surprised with. I personally hate the look and feel of any type of liquid lipstick on me. (Love it on everyone else though!) For some reason, this I think this was made for people like me! It gives lips just enough color, makes them look smooth and isn’t cakey or drying! (I also layered it up to see if the color would deepen, and it did! Didn’t get cakey either!) I tried it on my lips and swatched it on the back of my hands. It doesn’t last as long as other brands, but I’m not mad about it. My only bone to pick is that there is only 5 colors to choose from!! — LOVE this, and would repurchase again if there were more colors to choose from!
- *OFRA Cosmetics “Banana Powder” – A pressed banana colored powder claimed to be a “…concealer, highlighter, setter and more” — and it does exactly that! I used it to conceal redness on my cheeks, highlight under the brow bone, and set under the eyes! The only thing to be leery of, is that if you use the wrong brush, or apply too much, you’ll look jaundice — not cute. The packaging is great. Most of my powdered products are kept in magnetic palettes, making this just perfect. (If you don’t work out of palettes, then this is probably annoying). Overall, I LOVE this— and would repurchase!!
Get your own Glam Bag — Subscribe to IPSY
The two products I LOVE — from October’s Glam Back