December Glam Bag Review
Here’s what I’ve received this month. What I LOVE, and what I’m not thrilled about.
Quick Look: *starred items* I love!
- Royal & Langnickel “Angle Shader Brush” Use this brush to apply shadow right into the crease of the eye. Its made with synthetic bristles so it works well with both creams and powders. The quality of the brush is nice for its price point, but I prefer a fluffy brush without an angle to apply eyeshadow.
- *Smashbox Cosmetics “Insta-Matte lipstick Transformer” a silky smooth translucent gel that transforms any cream lipstick into a velvety matte finish. I am so surprised with this product! I wasn’t expecting it to work, but it did exactly what it said. I LOVE this, and will purchase for my professional kit.
- *NYX Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow “Fireball” A shimmery eyeshadow in a rose-gold color. This eyeshadow is only $6 so I wasn’t expecting much. Surprisingly it’s super smooth, with great color payoff. I LOVE this and would purchase more like it.
- City Color Cosmetics, Be Matte Blush “Fresh Melon, Blackberry, and Guava” An ultra-fine pressed powder with build-able pigmentation. I think the quality of this product is sub-par and the color’s aren’t versatile, so I’m not a fan.
- Privai “Aqua Gel Masque” Made with chamomile flower, azulene and green tea to sooth and calm skin. The packaging says this is perfect for after a day in the sun or an active peel where the skin is parched. I think I will wait til summer to use this. It honestly seems like a very expensive version of Aloe Vera, so I don’t plan on getting too attached.
Get your own Glam Bag — Subscribe to IPSY
The three products I LOVE — from November’s bag
7 Must Have Makeup Brushes for the Face
Keep reading for details on a few of my favorites. Also, one them is half off — perfect for a last minute Christmas Gift for someone…or yourself!
the Top Seven | for the Face
- *ZOEVA | 104 | Buffer : Natural Vegan bristles, dense and soft, to create a natural, flawless foundation finish. Picks up any kind of cream/liquid without absorbtion.
- MAC | 184 | Duo Fibre Fan Brush : Synthetic fibers, in a flat, fan-shape, that work especially well with highlighter, or to dust away excess product.
- *ZOEVA | 101 | Luxe Face Definer : Natural-synthetic hair mix, produces a smooth and even application of pressed and loose powders. The tapered shape of this brush makes it the perfect tool to contour your face.
- MAC | 163 | Se Flat Contour Brush : Short, silky and synthetic bristles, designed to create sharp contours with sculpting products.
- Sephora | 44 | Pro Stippling Brush : Natural-synthetic hair mix — the white, taklon bristles apply product, and the black goat bristles blend. This stippling brush perfectly applies powder, liquid, and cream. I prefer it for blush.
- MAC | 150 | Large Powder Brush : Synthetic fiber, full and dense and ideal brush for dusting loose or pressed bronzer and blush onto the face.
- *Sephora | 30 | Must Have Large Powder : This has been one of my all time favorite brushes for years!! Synthetic bristles in a full-bodied brush, perfect for evenly applying loose or pressed powders. Ideal for creating an even, matte finish. I prefer this brush to set my foundation. Currently on SALE for $18 (normally $36) — the BEST Christmas Gift!!
Choosing the right brush | What’s the difference?
Natural Bristles | Best with powdered products
Synthetic Bristles | Best with liquid or cream
Long + Fluffy | Used to evenly diffuse and blend
Short + Dense | Apply a lot of color in a small area
Brushes for the Eyes + how to keep them Clean!
Remember the amazing vintage rentals from the romatic Styled Shoot a couple of weeks ago? Those pieces belong to the stunning husband and wife pictured above, Brianna and Chris, owner of Pretty Little Vintage Co. Flash back a year ago, to their October wedding, Brianna entrusted me with her bridal hair and makeup. Her look was inspired by warm golden hues, and paired with loose romantic waves, finished with a stunning floral headpiece! Keep reading for details. Get her bridal look — and a sneak peek into her wedding day.
Brianna | get the Bridal Look
the Lips: MAC Lipstick “Honeylove” with Buxom Lip Polish “White Russian” on top
the Skin: Airbrush foundation from Dinair, concealed with MAC Select Coverup, set with MAC Powder “Transluscent”. MAC powder blush “Peaches” and lightly bronzed with Too Faced “Chocolate Soleil”. Finish the look with Urban Decay “All Nighter” setting spray.
Soft Romantic Waves pulled back by loose Braids with a Floral Crown: Start with dry shampoo at the roots of the hair to give a little volume. In one inch sections, spray throughout, then blow dry, on cool setting, to work in. With the Bellami “6-in-1 Complete Curler Set,” use the 25 mm barrel, and wrap hair in 1”-2″ sections around the wand. Once cooled, comb through with fingers to loosen the waves. Part hair to the side, then on each side tease hair at roots and spray with lightweight hairspray. With each section, loosely braid the hair back and once the braids meet, pin together. Slightly loosen the braid with your fingers to achieve a full and soft look. Use Fav4 “Texture Takeover” to create a messy, texturized and voluminous hold, and finish the ends of the hair with Fav4 “Flex Reflect” for a lightweight gloss. Add the floral headpiece last — both heat and product can either wilt or discolor real flowers.
Affections Floral Design
Pretty Little Vintage Co.
Personalized Wedding + Event Decor
The Beeze Kneez
(this is Bri’s Etsy shop – everything from calligraphy and placecards to mugs and drinkware!)
Hayloft on the Arch
November Glam Bag Review
Here’s what I’ve received this month, what I LOVE, and what I’m not thrilled about.
Quick Look: *starred items* I love!
- Formula X Nail Polish “Huntress” – An iridescent deep emerald shade with flecks of gold. What makes this brand unique is the “shineXcel” — a luminescent ingredient that amps up shine. I’m not really a fan of this polish, mainly because of the color. I prefer light and matte shades. There are, however, 200+ colors to choose from, so I might give another color a try.
- Benefit Cosmetics “the POREfessional Face Primer” – An oil free, silky smooth face primer. I used to work at Sephora where this product was very popular. It’s slightly tinted and fills in pores and lines. Overall it’s an alright primer, but I don’t love it.
- *Verb “Ghost Oil” – Essentially a weightless hair oil. I am pleasantly surprised by its ability to make my hair shiny without weighing it down, or making it greasy. Even after use, my hands aren’t greasy! Added bonus — this brand prides itself on using only natural ingredients, nothing synthetic. It’salso gluten, sulfate, paraben and cruelty free!— LOVE this
- *Elizabeth Mott Color is Bae Lip Lacquer “Moxie Mauve” – A pinky-nude, somewhat sheer matte liquid lipstick. This is another product I’m am pleasantly surprised with. I personally hate the look and feel of any type of liquid lipstick on me. (Love it on everyone else though!) For some reason, this I think this was made for people like me! It gives lips just enough color, makes them look smooth and isn’t cakey or drying! (I also layered it up to see if the color would deepen, and it did! Didn’t get cakey either!) I tried it on my lips and swatched it on the back of my hands. It doesn’t last as long as other brands, but I’m not mad about it. My only bone to pick is that there is only 5 colors to choose from!! — LOVE this, and would repurchase again if there were more colors to choose from!
- *OFRA Cosmetics “Banana Powder” – A pressed banana colored powder claimed to be a “…concealer, highlighter, setter and more” — and it does exactly that! I used it to conceal redness on my cheeks, highlight under the brow bone, and set under the eyes! The only thing to be leery of, is that if you use the wrong brush, or apply too much, you’ll look jaundice — not cute. The packaging is great. Most of my powdered products are kept in magnetic palettes, making this just perfect. (If you don’t work out of palettes, then this is probably annoying). Overall, I LOVE this— and would repurchase!!
Get your own Glam Bag — Subscribe to IPSY
The two products I LOVE — from October’s Glam Back
Bridal Look + Sneak Peak
Just recently I had the absolute pleasure of collaborating with a few of upstate New York’s finest wedding vendors for a Styled Wedding Shoot — which is getting published in January!
I really enjoyed doing the hair and makeup for Isabelle and wanted to share with you the details of her look! Keep reading to see the breakdown and for a sneak peek of the styled shoot itself.
Isabelle | get the Bride’s Look
the Lips: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick “Stripped” mixed with “Sepia”
the Skin: apply MakeUp ForEver Mat Velvet Foundation in Shades “30” and “40” with a damp beauty blender, conceal with Urban Decay “Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer” , set with Laura Mercier “Transluscent” Setting Powder . On the apples of the cheek dust MAC powder blush “Peaches” and lightly contour with Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer. Highlight with BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfecter “Opal,” then finish with Urban Decay “All Nighter” setting spray.
Romantic Loose Waves: Start with a dry shampoo at the roots of the hair to give a little volume. Spray in one inch sections throughout, then blow dry, on cool setting, to work in. With the Bellami “6-in-1 Complete Curler Set,” use the 25 mm barrel, and wrap hair in 1” sections around the wand. ***With each section, rotate the direction of the curl (i.e. one curled away from the face, the other towards the face, and so on) — this creates a natural and effortless looking curl. Comb through with fingers to loosen the waves. Spray Fav4 “Texture Takeover” to create a messy, texturized and voluminous hold, then finish with Fav4 “Flex Reflect” for a lightweight gloss.
Anna Elizabeth Photography
Nicole Regan Photography
Hair + Makeup
Stephanie Lisi Orsomarso
Pretty Little Vintage Co.
Blooms & Blossoms
Caked by Grace
Emma Bauso Design
On the Edge Designs
Makeup Artist + Hair Stylist | Airbrush Makeup | Wedding | Bridal | Special Event | Traveling CNY,Utica, Syracuse, Albany | Stephanie Lisi Orsomarso