Throwing it back to one of my favorite winter wedding hairstyles. Lauren and Joe were married last New Year’s Eve. For Lauren, I created a loosely curled low bun. For details to get this look, keep reading.
Loosely Curled Low Bun Crown: Start with dry shampoo at the roots of the hair to give a little volume – work in. With a 1 1/2” curling iron, curl the entire head in 1 1/2” inch sections, and spray with a light hold hairspray. Once all of the hair has been curled, part the hair from ear to ear, like a headband, across the top of the head. All of the hair in front of the part should be clipped out of the way. Leave remaining hair down.
Take remaining hair from the back of the head pull into a low and loose ponytail. To create the bun portion of the hairstyle, take 1/4 of the hair from the center of the ponytail, tease it from roots to ends, starting from the end, roll the hair up into a ball and pin onto the ponytaile. This creates a base* for all of the curls to pin into and gives the overall appearance of a fuller and thicker bun. Pin all of the remaining curls onto the teased portion – be sure completely hide the tease.
*For an even fuller looking bun — use a “hair donut” pinned around the ponytail and pin into this instead of teasing the section of hair.
For the hair at the crown, working in small sections and slightly tease at the roots and then and pin back into the bun – this is done with no particular order. For a softer look, Lauren requested a couple curls left down to frame her face. Once all the hair is pulled back, finish the look with a medium hold hairspray and apply any additional hair pieces and/or veil.
*Never apply the hair accessories prior to final hairspray as the spray will leave a film that could potentially create a foggy type look or tarnish your pieces
Photography | Kimberly Coccagnia
’tis the Season for Christmas and Holiday Parties! Not sure how you want to wear your hair or makeup? Keep reading for fun holiday inspiration (and potential gift ideas!)
for Volume use Big Sexy Hair “Powder Play,” which is ideal for instant volume on dry hair. A couple shakes on your roots, let it sit for a couple seconds (as it absorbas excess product and oil on your scalp) and tease with a comb.
for the Curl use Bellami “6 in 1 Complete Curler Set,” easily one of my favorites, for its six interchangeable barrels. Get the range of tight curls to loose beachy waves. It’s fused with ceramic and creates silky smooth curls that last! *this is on sale right now! Normally $299.99 now for $139.99!!
make it Last with Fave4 “Style Stay.” Wearing your hair up? This is for you! Spray 10-12 inches away from your style for endless style. Color safe & free of Gluten/Parabens/Sulfate
bright Red Lips are in this time of year! Line and fill in lips with NYX Retractable Lip Liner in “Red” or “Ruby.” This gives lips a great shape, and a good foundation for the lip color to set on. Try Lip Tar “NSFW- True Balanced Red” or Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick “American Doll” for a bright, rich and pigmented red that will last all night long! *MAC’s Ruby Woo (not pictured) is also one of my favorites!
standout Eyes can be opened up easily with a set of false lashes like Lilly Lashes “Miami.” Want something a little more natural? Try Ardell “Demi Wispies.”
Looking for something to wear? A few Local Holiday Fav’s from my good friend and Stylist, Carmi Moore.
Remember the amazing vintage rentals from the romatic Styled Shoot a couple of weeks ago? Those pieces belong to the stunning husband and wife pictured above, Brianna and Chris, owner of Pretty Little Vintage Co. Flash back a year ago, to their October wedding, Brianna entrusted me with her bridal hair and makeup. Her look was inspired by warm golden hues, and paired with loose romantic waves, finished with a stunning floral headpiece! Keep reading for details. Get her bridal look — and a sneak peek into her wedding day.
Brianna | get the Bridal Look
the Lips: MAC Lipstick “Honeylove” with Buxom Lip Polish “White Russian” on top
the Skin: Airbrush foundation from Dinair, concealed with MAC Select Coverup, set with MAC Powder “Transluscent”. MAC powder blush “Peaches” and lightly bronzed with Too Faced “Chocolate Soleil”. Finish the look with Urban Decay “All Nighter” setting spray.
Soft Romantic Waves pulled back by loose Braids with a Floral Crown: Start with dry shampoo at the roots of the hair to give a little volume. In one inch sections, spray throughout, then blow dry, on cool setting, to work in. With the Bellami “6-in-1 Complete Curler Set,” use the 25 mm barrel, and wrap hair in 1”-2″ sections around the wand. Once cooled, comb through with fingers to loosen the waves. Part hair to the side, then on each side tease hair at roots and spray with lightweight hairspray. With each section, loosely braid the hair back and once the braids meet, pin together. Slightly loosen the braid with your fingers to achieve a full and soft look. Use Fav4 “Texture Takeover” to create a messy, texturized and voluminous hold, and finish the ends of the hair with Fav4 “Flex Reflect” for a lightweight gloss. Add the floral headpiece last — both heat and product can either wilt or discolor real flowers.
Affections Floral Design
Pretty Little Vintage Co.
Personalized Wedding + Event Decor
The Beeze Kneez
(this is Bri’s Etsy shop – everything from calligraphy and placecards to mugs and drinkware!)
Hayloft on the Arch
Tease and Makeup is giving away a few of our favorite products!!
Valued at over $60 | Here’s what you’re getting…
- Fave4 “Texture Takeover” travel sized ($12) a hairspray used for all-over volume, subtle lift and a messy, sexy texturized hold
- Lilly Lashes “Miami” ($29.99) – as seen on Kylie Jenner – a reusable strip lash made from mink – (suggested use 20-25 wears)
- Buxom Lip Polish “White Russian” ($20) – a creamy, no shimmer gloss that has a minty, tingly, plumping effect
- $10 off your next hair or makeup service with Tease and Makeup
Enter to Win | Two Different Ways
1. Like “Tease and Makeup” on Facebook
2. Share this post on Facebook
*you need to both like and share to be entered
1. Follow @Tease and Makeup on Instagram
2. Repost this picture and hashtag #teaseandmakeupgiveaway
*you need to both follow and repost to be entered
The winner will be announced on Facebook and Instagram on Cyber Monday at 10:00 pm – (November 28th, 2016)
*one Facebook + one Instagram entry per person
rory is pregnant
November Glam Bag Review
Here’s what I’ve received this month, what I LOVE, and what I’m not thrilled about.
Quick Look: *starred items* I love!
- Formula X Nail Polish “Huntress” – An iridescent deep emerald shade with flecks of gold. What makes this brand unique is the “shineXcel” — a luminescent ingredient that amps up shine. I’m not really a fan of this polish, mainly because of the color. I prefer light and matte shades. There are, however, 200+ colors to choose from, so I might give another color a try.
- Benefit Cosmetics “the POREfessional Face Primer” – An oil free, silky smooth face primer. I used to work at Sephora where this product was very popular. It’s slightly tinted and fills in pores and lines. Overall it’s an alright primer, but I don’t love it.
- *Verb “Ghost Oil” – Essentially a weightless hair oil. I am pleasantly surprised by its ability to make my hair shiny without weighing it down, or making it greasy. Even after use, my hands aren’t greasy! Added bonus — this brand prides itself on using only natural ingredients, nothing synthetic. It’salso gluten, sulfate, paraben and cruelty free!— LOVE this
- *Elizabeth Mott Color is Bae Lip Lacquer “Moxie Mauve” – A pinky-nude, somewhat sheer matte liquid lipstick. This is another product I’m am pleasantly surprised with. I personally hate the look and feel of any type of liquid lipstick on me. (Love it on everyone else though!) For some reason, this I think this was made for people like me! It gives lips just enough color, makes them look smooth and isn’t cakey or drying! (I also layered it up to see if the color would deepen, and it did! Didn’t get cakey either!) I tried it on my lips and swatched it on the back of my hands. It doesn’t last as long as other brands, but I’m not mad about it. My only bone to pick is that there is only 5 colors to choose from!! — LOVE this, and would repurchase again if there were more colors to choose from!
- *OFRA Cosmetics “Banana Powder” – A pressed banana colored powder claimed to be a “…concealer, highlighter, setter and more” — and it does exactly that! I used it to conceal redness on my cheeks, highlight under the brow bone, and set under the eyes! The only thing to be leery of, is that if you use the wrong brush, or apply too much, you’ll look jaundice — not cute. The packaging is great. Most of my powdered products are kept in magnetic palettes, making this just perfect. (If you don’t work out of palettes, then this is probably annoying). Overall, I LOVE this— and would repurchase!!
Get your own Glam Bag — Subscribe to IPSY
The two products I LOVE — from October’s Glam Back